You can come across plenty of individuals nowadays who believed that reflexology is a kind of foot massage. Should you be among these people, then be sure to continue reading this article to enlighten your mind and to get additional insights about it. After you read this write-up, it will not just broaden your knowledge about reflexology but will also change your perception about it.
What Reflexology Is?
When we talk of reflexology, we refer to the gentle massage to manipulate certain pressure points of the body aimed at clearing the pathways for that energy will flow in. The said energy is responsible for enlivening our bodies as well as helping it in healing itself. Massage therapist will apply gentle pressure in certain pressure pointers on our hands or our feet not just to activate our bodies’ ability in healing itself but also to achieve deep relaxation and return its state-of-balance. Well, reflexology is also known as zone therapy.
Reflexology has its origin in China and the people utilized this form of therapy in treating pain and stress in their bodies. They used this method in leading balanced and healthy lives. Due to the popularity and effectiveness of reflexology, it is not surprising for it to become very famous around the world. As a matter of fact, you can find lots of massage parlors that offer reflexology in their services.
Knowing the Rewards of Reflexology to Us
Actually, everyone can benefit from reflexology, irrespective of age, gender and health conditions, because it is one non-invasive therapy. Studies show that numerous men and women used reflexology in treating arthritic, mobility as well as pain problems. It is also effectual in treating various physical and psychological concerns. Showcased underneath are the other benefits offered by reflexology:
1. It is effective in alleviating pain.
2. It relaxes our bodies.
3. It boosts the flow and circulation of blood.
4. It is also effective in regulating our body’s cholesterol level.
5. There are also those who use reflexology to regulate the pressure of blood in their bodies.
6. It also stimulates the nerve functions.
7. You can utilize reflexology to improve your body’s immunity from various diseases and ailments.
7. Reflexology is also utilized as a complement in cancer care and treatment to ease the cancer patients’ vomiting, pain, anxiety and nausea.
8. Numerous reports also show that doctors use it in easing pregnant women through delivery as well as post partum effects after they give birth.
9. There are also those who undergo reflexology to treat various ailments like thyroid disorders, kidney problems, allergies, skin diseases, asthma, insomnia and many more.